Sport organizations in British Columbia are committed to creating a sport environment that is accessible, inclusive, respects their participants personal goals and is free from all forms of Maltreatment. As part of Bowls British Columbia’s commitment to Safe Sport all Board members have completed the Commit to Kids training.
Bowls British Columbia has signed the Responsible Coaching Movement Pledge.
Recommended: Link to National Sport Helpline (www.abuse-free-sport.ca)
Link to B.C. Universal Code of Conduct (www.viasport.ca/bc-universal-code-of-conduct)
Link to resources on the Rule of Two
Link to Province of B.C. resources:
- C. Helpline for Children – a confidential toll-free phone line for children and youth wanting to talk to someone – is 310-1234 (no area code required).
- VictimLinkBC is a toll-free, confidential, multilingual telephone and online service available across C. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week which provides information and referral services to all victims of crime and immediate crisis support to victims of family and sexual violence.
- Resilience BC: Anti-Racism Network provides information about how to report incidences of racism and hate crimes if you are a victim or witness such incidences.
How to Report Maltreatment:
To report a complaint/s regarding a violation Bowls BC’s Code of Conduct or the British Columbia Universal Code of Conduct (BC UCC) by a Board Member please contact:
Bowls BC Director of Administration
If you have concerns or complaints related to the Bowls BC Code of Conduct or the British Columbia Universal Code of Conduct (BC UCC) but feel uncomfortable reporting directly to Bowls BC, please contact the:
Canadian Sport Helpline (call or text) 1-888-837-7678
Please visit their site at: www.abuse-free-sport.ca
Appeals Policy: 2020 Appeals Policy
Code of Conduct: Code of Conduct 2018
Complaints & Discipline: 2021 Complaints Discipline
Concussion Basics: 2021 Concussion_Basics
Concussion Resources: 2021 Concussion-Resources-for-Coaches-CATT-V5-August-2021-1
Concussion Resources For Athletes: Concussion-Resources-for-Athletes-CATT-V5-August-2021
Canadian Sport Abuse Helpline: Abuse Hotline
Canadian Sport Helpline: Canadian Sport Helpline
Screening Policy: 2021 Screening-Policy
Code of Conduct: BC Universal Code of Conduct 2021
Universal Code of Conduct: Universal Code of Conduct 2020
Safe Sport Document: Safe Sport 2021
At viaSport, we believe that all British Columbians deserve equitable opportunities to develop and realize their potential through sport – as an athlete, coach, official or volunteer.
To grow participation, viaSport:
- Leads social innovation with partners to research and pilot changes required to make sport more inclusive.
- Emboldens and enables sport leader capacity through education, evaluation and standards.
- Collaborates across sectors to leverage investment.
To Learn More About ViaSport: https://www.viasport.ca/about-us