2019 Pro-Am Champ of Champs Open Pairs Tournament
One Player with less than 3 years experience (began bowling in 2017, 2018 or 2019)
Location and Date:
The Champ of Champs will be held this year at Oak Bay LBC in Victoria, BC – September 14 & 15, 2019.
Each club will be allowed a maximum of 2 teams.
Determination of teams is at the discretion of each club.
The tournament is Open Pairs- any gender mix.
Entry Fee: $40.00 per team – Register: http://bowlsbc.com/register/ All registrations on-line only.
Travel funds are available for those teams from out of town. Reimbursement is determined by the number
of requests. Receipts must be attached. Please use the online Travel Expense Form BBC-ADM002
Entry Fee: $40/Team – Register: http://bowlsbc.com/register/
THE TOURNAMENT PLAY FORMAT
Conditions of Play: (To Be Updated)
DEPENDING ON ENTRIES
- Round-robin play on Saturday with finalists playing sudden death play-offs on Sunday.
- You will be playing four 10-end games Saturday to determine those teams qualifying for the finals. The eight top teams will qualify for the finals on Sunday. You will be playing three 14-end games on Sunday for the elimination and medal games. 10-end games will have a 1 ½ hour time limit and the 14-end games will have a 2 ½ hour time limit.
- We are adding consolation rounds on Sunday for most players. Expect to play four games on Saturday and up to three games on Sunday.
- Game commencement times will be 10:00 am, 12:00 noon and 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm on Saturday and 9:00 am, 12 noon and 3:00 pm on Sunday. These times may be modified with the consent of the convener and all affected players.
- No Burnt end – Re-spot the jack at the 2 meter mark on the centre line as per law 56.5 using the One Re-spot position rule (56.5.3) – Re-spotting the Jack.
- At the beginning of each game and at the game time limit an audible alarm will be sounded by the umpire. If the jack has been delivered prior to the game ending alarm the end will be completed. If the jack has not been delivered at the time of the signal, that end will not be played.
- Game points will be 3 points for a win, 1 point for a tie and 0 points for a loss. All points up, no maximum.
- For determining finalists. In case of a tie with game points and scores, we will use differential score. If differential is tie, we will use ends won results. If ends won tie we will use head-to- head winner. After that there will be a one end 4 bowl (2 bowls for leads and 2 bowls for skips of each team) playoff.
- Visiting the head. Leads may visit the head after they have delivered their fourth bowl. Skips may visit the head after they have delivered their second bowl. Both skips must go to the mat at the same time once leads have completed throwing their bowls.
- All other Conditions of Play are contained in the Bowls BC Provincial Championships and Guidelines. Where the aforementioned Guidelines are silent the Bowls Canada Boulingrin Conditions of Play will apply.
- Prize Money (per team) – Championship Total $ 1,500
- Gold Medal: $360
- Silver Medal: $220
- Prize 1: $120
- Prize 2: $50
- Event Total: $750
*Gold medals will be awarded to the winners and Silver medals will be awarded to the second place teams.
Pro-Am Document: Bowls BC – Pro-Am