Posted by: bowlsbc /
The BC Athlete Assistance Program (BC AAP) is a program of financial assistance funded by the Province of British Columbia through the Sport Branch of the Ministry of Community, Sport and Cultural Development and administered through viaSport British Columbia. The program seeks to recognize high performance athletes who are participating in programs offered through a provincial sport organization or post-secondary institution and competing in recognized national or international competitions to relieve some of the pressures associated with training and competition needs. The deadline for the AAP Application Process is February 15th 2017.
Assistance Program Selection Criteria: Information Regarding Selection
Online Registration Form: Athletic Assistance Program Online Application Form
Tier ONE: International Competitions (“Training to Win”)
• Up to $1,500 per Athlete Yearly Maximum.
• Athletes who have been selected for the Canadian National Team (NT) at the start of the fiscal period and who competed on the World stage. (i.e. Commonwealth Games, World Bowls Championship, or other International Event selected by the NT)
• Athletes who represent Canada through Sanctioned Qualifying Events. (i.e. World Junior Cup Under 25, Champion of Champions, World Cup Indoor Championship, Asia Pacific Championships, Atlantic Rim Championships)
Tier TWO: Developmental Competitions (“Training to Compete”)
• Up to $500 per athlete Yearly Maximum.
• Athletes who participated in the North America Challenge and not selected for Team Canada (NT)
• Athletes who were a member of the NT, who participated in North America Challenge (NAC) but were not eligible under Tier 1
• BC Junior (18 and under) Champion who competes at the Canadian Junior (18 and under) Finals.
• NT Training and Trials Camp, National Open Championship of any country affiliated with World Bowls Board, World Bowls Tour, World Games or other significant events including World Junior Cup Qualifier if participated in the Bowls BC Qualifier.
The BC Athlete Assistance Program is funded by the Provincial Government and administered by viaSport British Columbia in support of BC athletes, like yourself, in reaching your athletic goals