Team BC Women will be packing their bags and heading to compete in both the 2016 Tiger Bowls in Hong Kong, China March 12-13th and the China Open Championship in Shenzhen, China set to take place March 14-17th 2016.
Team BC is there to represent Canada for the Women’s division as they earned the right by winning last years Gold Medal at the Willowdale Lawn Bowling Club. Team Saskatchewan will be representing the Men as they won the Fours Division.
Team BC Members Include
Skip: Mary Wright
Vice: Anne Mathie
2nd: Belle Chan
Lead: Anne Van Bastelaere
There will also be another Team that will be heading over as well, Team “Canucks Eh” that will consist of Skip: David Mathie, Vice: Ivo Van Bastelaere Second: Ken Wright Second, Lead: Brent Jansen will be in attendance and will be putting in a Team to play in the tournament as an invite.
We wish the best of luck to all the competitors.
Format and Conditions of Play
Day 1 – Ranking Stage
- 72 men teams will be divided into 12 groups. Teams in each group will compete in a round-robin format of 5 games.
- At completion of the ranking stage, all teams will be ranked according to their game results. The top 36 teams will be grouped in Cup Section and the remaining teams will be grouped in Plate Section.
Day 2 – Qualifying Stage
- Teams will be grouped according to their results. Each team will play 5 matches against teams in their group. All teams will be ranked within their Section.
- After completion of Qualifying Stage, the top 4 teams of the Cup and Plate Sections will be qualified for Knock-out Stage.
Day 2 – Knock-out Stage
- The top 4 teams of Cup Section and the top 4 teams of the Plate Section will play the semi-finals and finals under single knock-out format.